CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6

Sense of falling

Did you ever experience such feelings? As if you were in seventh heaven for awhile but in a jiffy, you feel like hell? Yeah, I just experienced it once more few hours ago.

You might be wondering what had happened right? Was it that I lost my lottery ticket when it appeared to be the 1st prize? Or other lame situations? Definitely not. Well, as I had mentioned in the post "Holiday", I had applied for internship in Deloitte and KPMG last month and was rejected by KPMG but heard nothing from the former. Days and days I checked my mailbox and looked forward to a positive reply from Deloitte, and just when the thought of being thrown out crept in my mind, I answered a big call.

BIG CALL. Call that I had longing for.

7.05pm, while I'm immersed in Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire. Bought it ages ago, primary school if I'm not wrong.

D = Deloitte J = me

D : Hello, is this Jia Chek?
J : Yeah, may I know who's on the line?
D : This is Ms. xxx from Deloitte...

J : Pardon?!
D : This is Ms. xxx from Deloitte and we have received your application for internship. So, are you still available?

J : Yeah, I'm really interested. Erm... but... Erm... I'm currently not in a good shape and have to undergo operation next week...
D : Oh...
J : So... Can I just... well, work from end of this month?
D : Erm, sorry cause we need people now.

J : ...
D : Or perhaps you can try next intake.
J : Issit? When is it?
D : Ongoing, so just send us your CV when you wish to.
J : Hmm, okay then. Thx...

D : Welcome.


Basically that was the conversation. embroidered a tad though.


Deloitte wei! Internship in one of the BIG 4 I might learn a lot and experience something great, something totally different! Further more, so far I did nothing practical in accountancy and this would be the chance for me to discover more, as well as getting a better future. But, all these just evaporated; all the hard work I did were in vain due to this injury.

The feeling of being accepted was really put me on cloud nine, but... Sigh...
Just like what Alvin said, Char Siew in your mouth but you can't eat it... Well, I deserve it, don't I? If I had listened to my parents, the end result would have just turned out another way round. What to do? Don't think there will still a second chance for me, because my result has fallen beyond the criterion.

Sigh
...

0 comments: