CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28

A miss is as good as a mile

When you sit nervously in the exam hall and once the clock strikes at the starting time, what will you do?

Well, after years and years of examination, you should have known a legible hand writing is crucial, which column should not be written, no cheating is allowed and bla bla bla... So instinctively I will pick up my pen and start filling in my details on the answer booklet and next I will start answering questions, without scrutinizing the instructions on the cover page. In other words, I'm stereotyped. And it was this stereotype that put me into a whole lot of trouble (a silly incident to be accurate) last night.

It got nothing to do with examination but the movie "The Proposal".

Every now and then Today is giving out coupons for movie premiere and it used to be collecting two different ads in exchange for two premiere tickets. However, there was a change for the movie "The Proposal", requiring all four different ads in exchange for four premiere tickets but because I didn't read the terms and conditions at all, I didn't notice that and had caused a hell lot of inconvenience to those who went for the movie (Alvin, Rachael...) as well as those who were not (Me, my family and Chui Wen). Apologize in advance.

And it reminds me of something else.

Few months ago when Proton first launched its new production Exora, they had an ad on the front page of The Sun. A two pages ad, with reversed words written at the back and images on the front page. Very creative indeed.



Supposedly, we should held the ad as shown in the photo. Oh, there's a line writing "To discover just how amazing it is, hold it up to the light".


But most of us didn't notice that. In fact, we tried to use mirror reflection to read it. Lol, how silly it was... In the end, it was a foreign student who told us about the clause, followed by a sarcastic comment, "That's why I say you Malaysian never read".

Get what am I trying to say? In short, try not to be lazy, read what ever that are written thoroughly, if not a quick glance even though you've been reading the same thing over and over again. It only took a few moment but will save you from troubles. So, do you have the same bad habit as I am?

2 comments:

Hiroyuiji said...

Hey, please don't say you're sorry.... It makes me feel worst. I was like trying to forget the incident for making such a childish irrational decision. I was the one who made up my mind to do such stupid heroic act to compensate for the aunty's loss, and put many people into such mess, with no productive results. VERY VERY SORRY!

JC said...

Lolx, no la. I'm not blaming myself or anyone else ^^
Haha... It just taught me not to be so careless :p