CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 18

I Ain't No Past-Dweller

"I wish I could turn back the time..."
Bet this is what we always hear when we grow older and older. Adults wanted to be young again, the working one reminiscing the school days, university students like me hoping to get back to secondary school days and so on...

Not everyone of us but at least I am was. Yeah, was.

I used to say this during my childhood:
"I want to grow up, I want to be an adult, so no one will interfere my discretion..."
As I growing up, I face more challenges, deal with more difficulties, and so I started to run away, hiding myself in the past, where everything didn't seem so harsh, so cruel, so discouraged. But wait, wasn't in the past too full of ordeals? When I was a toddle, how many times had I fell down before I learnt to walk? When I was a teenager, how many sprained fingers I suffered before I managed to lay up?

See, life being what it is, neither the past nor present is a bed of roses. So why not look forward as you used to be?

Things change with time, only one thing that will never change - no one can ever go back to the past. Meaning that no matter how dismay you are, how rich you are or how knowledgeable you are, there is no way for you to turn back time and this is a very fact that can never be changed.

I was rather a past dweller and I absolutely understand it is not easy to let go certain things in life. But you have to know this, dwelling in the past will do nobody any good, especially you yourself. So open up your heart and live in present, let the past be your lesson and future as your dreams to be achieved.

Well, if you so happen to be a past-dweller too, hope this will somehow encourage you. It's not easy but won't you want to hide your head under the sand like an ostrich forever? Held your head high and face it with all your courage.

All in all, let's cherish our past and learn to move on. I hope I'm no longer a past dweller!

0 comments: