CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 28

Rediscovery: The Sequel



A good book is a book that no matter how many times you read, there are yet something for you to cultivate. And this is just one of it. I remember reading it once in 2007, and rereading it again yesterday just made me discover something new, more importantly, rediscover some part of me that has been forgotten.

Nothing ever stays the same, the mall that I work in has undergone major renovation; the road that I take everyday has additional ramp; friends and family members around me have taken me by surprised in some way or another... And even me myself, has changed so much over the years. Once a vulgar, hot tempered and naive brat, now except for still being naive, the first two have bid me goodbye. Good riddance! Even the way I'm communicating with my younger sister now has slightly changed. Putting down my ego and joining her camwhoring, instead of reacting to her wrongdoing with snarl but inspire her through other ways, at least she moved away from Mr. FB and volunteered to prepare drinks for the last dinner I cooked, at least she took the initiative to learn how to make McFlurry, at least, she started to change her attitude; at least she herself picked up a few books and promised to finish it. Hopefully by the time she finishes Who moved my cheese? a better result could be witnessed. 

"Keep doing the same things over and over again and wonder why things don't get better. If this wasn't so ridiculous, it would be even funnier."

Change, still adapting to the life without you but I wouldn't say I'm not enjoying it. With the extra time I have, I get to attend my colleagues' birthday dinner or farewell, get to catch up with some old friends and from there I enjoy hearing their stories. The adventure to dive in the dark cold ocean, the friendliness of the people in gay bar, the frequent travelling to other countries for work of an ex-senior, the cultural differences brought back by secondees from other countries, the firm foundation of a long distance relationship, the long term relationship that teeters on the brink of break-up, all of them is like a unique story on their own, with values that I could enrich myself. 

Nothing ever stays the same, perhaps that's why sometimes we should just take a little time to step back and re-look/redo the things/people that we thought we know so well, who knows you might just rediscover something new? 

It has been a revolutionary time, but the amazing feeling of discovering what you wanted at the end is what you wanted at the beginning is immensely comforting. 


p.s. Who moved my cheese? is a MUST READ, simple metaphor but could be useful for life. It only takes at most one hour to finish, simple and straightforward.

1 comments:

zero plus one said...

i read it!!! in chinese version~ hahaha~